Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Valentine's Day Vignette

So I decided to decorate for Valentine's Day. 
I've eaten my share of chocolate on this day, but I've never decorated. So this is a first for me and I have to say, I had fun with it. I promised myself that I wouldn't overthink things this coming up year. After all, you already know I'm going to change it up... for nothing stays the same around here.

How pretty is this?  When I started out, I had nothing red. Nothing but a red candle that I had left over from Christmas.

So, I went shopping and spent a whopping $3.00 at Dollar Tree.
I picked up a banner and 2 packs of red styrofoam hearts.

  I made a runner out of some red checkered fabric that I found in my stash and layered a white scarf down the middle of that.

I shopped the house and found a few things.  I have plenty of white "stuff" so I decided to layer random things inside a dish. I do this a lot. I love grouping things together.


I used a necklace to dress up the red candle. 
These kissing angels came from Goodwill. 

 This is one of my favorite birds. I call him grumpy bird. He has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, I just like him.

 My kids bought me flowers for my birthday a few weeks ago.
I stuck a few in this mason jar. Simply pretty.


 I made this wreath from several old Christmas wreaths. It reminds me of a boxwood wreath, I think it works anytime of year. I love the look of greenery on the black chalkboard.

I made this chalkboard out of an old painting. I flipped the painting over and applied about 3 coats of chalkboard paint. I painted the frame a glittery gold color. It's really pretty in person.

This is the first thing you see when you enter the dining room. It really makes a statement. I've been collecting white pitchers for a while now. You can never have too many white pitchers, right? 
Almost everything you see here came from a thrift store.

Lets be honest here, this is what my Valentine's vignette looks like today. I'm just not a fan of busy color. I took down the banner and I took the red hearts off the wreath. I like the small pops of red with the mostly white decor. 
Less color makes me happy.

So what do you like? Lots of color or not so much?



Thank you for stopping by 
Thrift My House!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.