Friday, December 11, 2015

Vicky's 2015 Annual Ornament Exchange

 My sweet friend Vicky who blogs over at Life On Willie Mae Lane hosted her annual ornament exchange. I participated last year and it was so much fun that I knew then that as long as she hosts it, I'll participate. It's a great opportunity to bless someone and make new friends. This year was just as exciting!
 It's always fun to receive a package in the mail! It makes me feel like a kid again. I wonder what's in it? I wonder who it's from? I can't rip the paper off quick enough!

Underneath the brown paper was this pretty paper hiding the goodies. So much fun!
 

There was a card with my name on it and a cute container which feels heavy...
More goodies to come :)

The card was from Julie. She wrote me the sweetest note introducing herself. Julie blogs over at Julie's Lifestyle. This was my first time visiting Julie's blog and thank goodness for this exchange! I'm so happy to be a new follower to such a talented and sweet lady.

Look at these beautiful ornaments! She crocheted these just for me and I'll always treasure them. I love homemade gifts!

She also sent these pretty white snowflakes. I actually used them in a vignette that I'll be showing you later.

She doesn't know it but my family loves peppermint, so this was perfect. 

This little dish is so cute. I'll be using this a lot.

These stickers will come in handy while wrapping presents. I love the cows and sheep :)

Thank you so much Julie! I appreciate and love everything. You did a great job putting this together for me. And I'm happy to have a new friend here in blogland. 
And thank you Vicky for hosting! All of your hard work putting this exchange together is much appreciated! 
Please visit Vicky to see more of the exchanges.

Thank you so much for stopping by Thrift My House.

19 comments:

  1. Hello Sherry,
    I am so happy you like everything and I really enjoyed making those crocheted ornaments for you. I am so glad I participated in this exchange that Vicky hosts every year and met you!!!
    Wishing you a wonderful day and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! You are second one today talking about this ornament exchange of Vickie's. I thought I was following her but realize I wasn't so I hadn't heard about the exchange. You received some wonderful gifts...how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun is this Sherry. Love this exchange idea and I know Julie and her blog and I know she did a post on making these pretty ornaments. So I am so happy you became the person that got these special hand made ornaments. Happy Friday and have a great week end.
    Enjoy.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry,
    what a haul you made! Gifts are so much fun to receive, especially when they are handmade! They will look perfect on your tree!
    Merry Christmas
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon, Sherry! It was such a delight to see what you received from Julie. Isn't she a sweetie?! And I just love her crocheted items. Your goodies are simply wonderful, my friend, and I know you will enjoy them for many years.

    Happy weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is such a special package. I felt like I was right there watching you open it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this! What a great way to meet new people!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful and what a fun idea!! All of those gifts are just beautiful, especially those handmade ornaments! Love those kinds of gifts...so extra special!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sherry the sweetness of others always fills my heart with glee. Nice post to enjoy during our busy days towards the countdown of Christmas.
    xo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun to see all of your sweet goodies, Sherry! Julie is so sweet and a talented crocheter. What a fun exchange! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sherry, what a fun ornament exchange and Julie blessed you with darling goodies. So glad you got to met Julie. She is a wonderfully talented blog friend and is a joy to know. Have fun with your goodies and Merry Christmas xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun exchange Sherry. You got a lot of pretty items from Julie. She is a very sweet and talented blogging friend. Enjoy!

    ❤️Ana

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun package to get in the mail!! All I got in the mail today was the circular from the local supermarket - ha ha oh well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a present you've got. Just love the Little red pot looking like a fir.
    Have a nice day. Love Elzie

    ReplyDelete
  15. such a fun package and love the crocheted ornaments they are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sherry~~ Julie certainly gifted you with a box full of keepsakes. She does such a beautiful job creating with her hands, just lovely.
    Those vintage stickers are adorable, and yes the sheep and cow are quite cute. You'll have fun work those.

    This is such a fun exchange as we work our way to Christmas. Gifts in the mail are always a delight.

    Merry Christmas~~ Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a wonderful package you received! Hand crocheted ornaments, such a special gift. Everything she sent is terrific. Such a fun exchange for us to join in, thanks to Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Isn't Julie a dear? I am finally getting time to check out everyone's link up! I have been so busy lately! I feel like I'm going in a million directions...lol! Anywho, I love what Julie sent you. I love homemade gifts too and those ornaments are just precious! I'm so glad you joined in the fun and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I do! Have a blessed week!

    Hugs, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sherry! You got some great stuff from Julie! Love the crocheted ornaments. Isn't it great fun to participate in each year? Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. If you are a new follower, please let me know so I can follow you back. I want to keep in touch.